Turner Talks with Cheryl Turner: Leadership Topics - Leading Different Personalities and Generations (CE ARRT)
Join Cheryl Turner, Denise Adcock, Mary Cowan, and Jordan Johnson for the next installment of our leadership series of Turner Talks. Today, the panel will discuss the challenges and strategies of leading a group with differing personality to best optimize performance as well as efficiency, as well as the differences in interacting with a new generation of team members.
- Leadership and dealing with differing personality traits of the staff to best optimize performance and well as efficiency
- Various levels of work ethic, despite generation or experience
- Motivational drivers ie personal, admin, monetary
- Elements of learning; evaluating strategies in terms of effectiveness and application
- Development of soft skills
- Office Etiquette
- Preferred communication and work styles
- Identify and compare the strengths of the team.
- Enhance teamwork through collaborative problem solving.
- Working with difficult associates, how do we handle a new generation
- Understanding and use of technology
- Critical thinking skills
- Generational experiences [older workers have different personal and professional
- Building mentors between generational experiences
- goals/trials than younger workers and vice versa
- Inter-generational communication
- Managing a multi generational workforce
- Questions to Ask Before Creating an Intervention
- Create Connecting Relationships-Motivation
- Reward the Behaviors Necessary for Success
- Help Team Members Become Finishers