Session 1: Neuro, Head, and Neck (Free)
Session 1: Neuro, Head and Neck
This session in our series "Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Essentials" will cover the following objectives:
- The Evolving Role of PET/CT for Neuroendocrine Tumor Imaging
- PET Imaging of Alzeimer's and Dementia
- Diagnosis & Therapy of Hyperthyroidism With Emphasis on Graves Disease
- Thyroid Maliganacy and the ATA guidlines
- Thyroid Cancer Guidlines: A Nuclear Medicine Physician's Case Based Review
Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have been utilized for over sixty years in approximately 350 million procedures throughout the United States. As radiopharmaceuticals, administering equipment, imaging tools and procedures evolve, it is necessary to educate physicians and technologists as to the best practices within this specialty. The goal of the Mid-Eastern Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging is to enhance patient care facilitate medical research in the user of medical radionuclides. For the past forty seven years, the Chapter has met every Spring to present nuclear medicine's latest and most impactful advances, controversies and procedures. Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Essentials was designed to bring the benefit of this meeting to the distance learning audience. Fifteen faculty members discuss a wide range of topics demonstrating the specialty's impact on imaging, cardiology, oncology, neurology and much more. Overall enhancements to the practice will be analyzed as well. This activity will allow nuclear medicine physicians and technologists to stay current with this constantly developing medical discipline.
This activity is designed for nuclear medicine physicians, technologists, radiologists, neurologists, oncologists, cardiologists and other medical professionals who use radionuclides in the care of patients.
Following this continuing medical education activity, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of Partial Volume Effect (PVE) in designing and testing the new radiotracers for both research and clinical applications.
- Describe the various PET radiopharmaceuticals that play a role in thyroid imaging.
- Compare Nuclear Medicine diagnostic outcomes with radiographic and/or other diagnostic procedures.
- Utilize Cardiac PET to optimal laboratory performance.
- Describe the role and limitations of PSMA PET-CT
- Discuss the uses of [F-19]-fluorodeoxyglucose in patients with cognitive decline/dementia
For help with the course or your user profile, contact client support by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the support tab in the menu at the top of your screen.