How Healthcare Policy Drives EHR Technology (CE ARRT) 2019
The evolving reimbursement landscape along with recent changes in federal and state policies have placed immense pressure on healthcare professionals to adapt to new technologies. How Healthcare Policy Drives EHR Technology teaches you how government policy and the payment models of healthcare actually impact the creation of electronic health records and the use of the resulting data. The goal for data champions is to be aware of the cultural and technological pressures involved in complying with policy. This course is appropriate for anyone in a data-facing role that needs to understand more about how policy has shaped the data they see. Topics will include common EHR platforms, federal policies, the role of interoperability, and the transition to value-based payment models.
This course is suitable for all experience levels and backgrounds, particularly those who want to understand how certified EHR policy impacts healthcare data for analytics.
Content and Duration
- 16 videos; 10 quizzes; 2 surveys; 24 readings; 2 job aides; 2 discussions
- Completion time: 3-4 hours (video portion ~ 60 minutes)
- Identify connections between health policy and health informatics application that impact business workflow
- Articulate how health policy impacts the systems we use
- Understand incentive structures in place for patients, providers, and payers that determine how healthcare services are paid