An Overview of Organizational Theory: Who's running this place and what are they thinking? (CE ARRT)
The presentation will provide a brief outline of assorted organizational theories and criteria for evaluating these theories. The session will also provide a basis for why institutions need organizational theory and analyze the theories through various viewpoints, perspectives, and frames. The presentation will then address the typical assumptions associated with assorted organizational theories.Objectives:
- Describe the nature, behaviors, and structure of organizations and the individuals within them.
- Identify how organizational theory is concerned with organizations as a whole.
- List the Internal and External influences.
- Understand the stresses the interconnectedness of organizational dynamics.
- Seeks to better understand the nature and importance of changes that happen from within an organization.