School Food Allergy Issues: Plans, Policies, Peers & Pizza Parties (CE Nurse)
Dr. Ruchi Gupta Discusses the prevalence of food allergies as well as severity and geographic variability. She continues by reviewing anaphylaxis and reviewing data on school food allergy policies.Objectives
- Participants will be able to identify the food allergy prevalence in the top 8 food allergens.
- Participants will be able to discuss 4 cases in which epinephrine is strongly recommended
- Participants will be able to discribe meaningful food allergy policies for both classroom and lunchroom settings.
- Prevalence of Food Allergies - New Prevalence Data for Children and Adults
- New School & School Policies
- Valuable Resources for Food Allergy Management